Provide professional emergency service to the residents and visitors of the Southwest Ranches area
Our original organization was the Davie Volunteer Fire Department that was chartered in 1952. At that time, the Department serviced Davie and the surrounding communities in Southwest Broward. In 1981, the Town of Davie formed is own career fire department and our Department changed its name to Southwest Broward Volunteer Fire Department. On June 6, 2000, when the Town of Southwest Ranches was formed, we became the Southwest Ranches Volunteer Fire-Rescue Department.
The Department relied on borrowed apparatus from Broward County for many of its early years. In the 1960s, the Department purchased a new rescue van with funds raised from its ladies auxiliary. The Department also purchased used attack trucks as supplemental apparatus. In 2002, the Department purchased a new Brush truck. In 2006, the Department purchased its first used Class A pumper, while in 2016 another milestone was reached when the Department purchased its first new Class A pumper, which is the current Engine 82.
Once the Southwest Broward Fire-Rescue Department adapted to primarily serve the area that becomes the Town of Southwest Ranches, it was based on the properties of several different members who also lived in the area. In 2003, the Department established a permanent station at its current location. In 2018, the latest modular building was emplaced at the location.