Parks & Recreation
Sunshine Ranches Equestrian Park
5840 SW 148 Avenue, Southwest Ranches, FL 33330
Welcome to Sunshine Ranches Equestrian Park, Southwest Ranches' first public recreational facility! SREP is the place to school your horse, walk your dog or just meet friends and neighbors to enjoy the beauty of the afternoon sunlight in a meditative setting.
Located just north of the intersection at Stirling and Volunteer Roads in Sunshine Ranches, the park provides a lushly-landscaped twenty acres dedicated to Southwest Ranches Residents and to humankind's "other best friend!"
The park offers several distinct activity / features
- Approximately 10 acres of Horse / Nature Trails with native plant identification
- A large stabilized open space / trailer parking area
- 10,400 square foot equestrian practice ring available for rental
- 37,500 square foot equestrian show ring
- Judges' stand with public address system
- Natural berm spectator seating
- Wash rack
- Fanciful "ranch-theme" Playground
- Restroom facility
- Sheltered seating area
- Picnic pavilion available for rental
- Horse shoe court
- Pond system with native wetland plantings
- The spectacular "Equestrian Oasis," designed by artist Richard Medlock, as a place to water your horse after a workout or just as a shady spot in which to rest
Please be advised that under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone at (954) 434-0008, or in writing at 13400 Griffin Road, Southwest Ranches, FL 33330.