Elections 2012 / District Map / Running for Office /Voting
Registering to Vote
Registering to vote is a right; and, it is available to all persons that meet the eligibility requirements. If you are currently unregistered and wish to vote, then you must register at least 29 days prior to the election you wish to vote in. You can register:
- On-Line- using the Voter Registration Form on the State of Florida Division of Elections website,
- By mail- applications must be postmarked at least 29 days before an election in order to vote in that election,
- At specified registration sites- certain locations may be specified from time to time by the Broward County Supervisor of Elections Office,
- At the Supervisor of Elections Office- 115 S. Andrews Ave, Room #102, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301 , from 8:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays and weekends, or
- At the same time you are applying for or renewing:
- A Florida Driver License
- A Broward County Public Library Card
- Benefits at State public assistance agencies
- Services and agencies that provide services to disabled persons
- At Armed Forces Recruiting Office
Town Polling (Voting) Locations
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!
Per Florida Statue 100.011 the polls shall be open at the voting places at 7:00 a.m., on the day of the election, and shall be kept open until 7:00 p.m., of the same day. If you are unsure of your precinct location, check the Broward County Supervisor of Elections Precinct Locator page. After a few questions to obtain your home address, it will provide the location where you will go to vote. The site will also provide information on your elected officials and the dates of upcoming elections.
If, for any reason, you are unable to vote at a physical polling location, then you may vote absentee. The Supervisor of Elections will accept requests for absentee ballots up until the day before the election. Be advised that per Florida Statue 101.67(2) all marked absent electors' ballots to be counted must be received by the supervisor by 7 p.m. the day of the election. All ballots received thereafter shall be marked with the time and date of receipt and filed in the supervisor's office. To obtain an absentee ballot you can:
- Call the Supervisor of Election's Office- (954) 357 - 7055
- Visit any of the Supervisor of Election's Offices
- Go on-line and request an Absentee Ballot
- Request an absentee ballot by mail
- 115 S. Andrews Ave, Room #102,
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
For any other voting information, you can contact the Broward County Supervisor of Elections Office Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) between 8:30 a.m and
5:00 p.m, at 954-357-7050.
Please be advised that under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone at (954) 434-0008, or in writing at 13400 Griffin Road, Southwest Ranches, FL 33330.