Town Financial Administrator
Town Financial Administrator, Martin D. Sherwood
Phone: (954) 434-0008
Fax : (954) 434-1490
13400 Griffin Road
Southwest Ranches, FL 33330
Martin "Marty" Sherwood comes to the Town with over twenty years of experience as a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Government Finance Officer. Most recently Martin was Director of Finance at the Town of Surfside, Florida in Miami-Dade County and prior to that he served the City of Aventura as Controller.
During his career, he has served both the corporate and government sector. Martin received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Bentley College, Waltham, MA and his Masters in Business Administration (MBA) - Accounting from the University of Miami.
Martin and his family reside in Weston. His wife Pam is a teacher at Gator Run Elementary, their son is a junior at Georgia Tech and is currently on a summer Bio Medical Engineering internship at Texas A & M. Their daughter is an avid water polo player at Cypress Bay where she is a junior.
The position of Town Financial Administrator was approved by Referendum on November 7, 2006, and is provided for in the Town Charter's Section 3.11. The Town Financial Administrator is appointed by, and reports directly to, the Town Council.
Some of Martin's duties as Town Financial Administrator include the following:
- Manage all Town policies, ordinances, and resolutions relating to financial matters
- Manage all purchasing and acquisition activities, including evaluation and selection of vendors
- Prepare and execute payroll and accounts payable on a regular basis
- Oversee daily recording and deposits of cash receipts
- Assist external auditors in performance of annual audit
- Prepare ad valorem tax rate, reports, and TRIM notices
- Prepare all neccessary financial statements
- Prepare annual state CAFR reports
- Perform other duties as are specified in the Charter or as may be required by the Council from time to time
Please be advised that under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone at (954) 434-0008, or in writing at 13400 Griffin Road, Southwest Ranches, FL 33330.